Church of St John, Wakefield Road - Bradford

Dating to 1842, this church was built at the expense of the Bowling Iron Company. The architects, RH and S Sharpe of York, were assisted by Fred Stott, works engineer at the Bowling Foundry, as its construction made extensive use of iron. Roof coverings, rainwater goods and cast iron windows are in poor condition.

Church of St John, Wakefield Road - Bradford
© Historic England

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    CHURCH OF ST JOHN
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1314137
    Local Planning Authority:
    Bradford
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of St John
    Street Name:
    Wakefield Road
    County:
    West Yorkshire
    District / Borough:
    Bradford
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Bradford East
    Region:
    North East and Yorkshire

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Previous Priority:
    C
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II