Church of Holy Trinity, Buildwas - Shropshire (UA)

This C18 church replaced a medieval one and consists of a nave and chancel with a north side vestry, a west end timber framed bell-cote and a south porch: the porch arch is formed of reused C13 mouldings above which a cast iron plate records its rebuilding as 1720. The walls of the church are constructed in squared sandstone blocks and roofs are covered in plain clay tiles. The bell-cote timber framing is original but the C20 render covering is no longer weatherproof and is effectively life-expired: wall frame timbers require assorted carpentry repairs and infill panels complete renewal.

Site Details

    Designated Site Name:
    Church of Holy Trinity
    Heritage Category:
    Listed Building grade II
    List Entry Number:
    1366860
    Local Planning Authority:
    Shropshire (UA)
    Site Type:
    Religious ritual and funerary > Church

Location

    Building Name:
    Church of Holy Trinity
    Unitary Authority:
    Shropshire (UA)
    Parish:
    Buildwas
    Parliamentary Constituency:
    Shrewsbury and Atcham
    Region:
    Midlands

Assessment Information

    Assessment Type:
    Place of worship
    Condition:
    Poor
    Priority:
    C - Slow decay; no solution agreed
    Ownership:
    Religious organisation
    Designation:
    Listed Place of Worship grade II

Contact Details

John Tiernan 0121 625 6839