A view showing the Taylor Institution on the corner of St Giles' Street and Beaumont Street from the south-east, with the west wing of the University Galleries partially visible behind

Date:
1860 - 1900
Location:
Taylorian Institute, Beaumont Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire
Reference:
BB60/01692

Image not available

Description

The building, built in the 1840s to the design of Charles Cockerell, became the home of the original Ashmolean Museum in 1894 and has remained the site of new Ashmolean Museum since its formation in 1908.

The Taylor Institution still occupies the east wing.

Content

This is part of the Series: RBO01/34 Early Photographic Print Collection: Oxfordshire; within the Collection: RBO01 Early Photographic Print Collection

Rights

Source: Historic England Archive

Keywords

Art Gallery, Institute, Museum

Back
to top