A view looking south-west across the north front of Manor House
- 25 Aug 1928
- Manor House, Sidcup Green, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
- Photograph (Negative)
The photographer's notes state: From N. E. early morning'.
The house was built around 1790 and until 1832 it was known as Palace Green House. Between 1832 and the late 1860s it was called Sidcup House before it was renamed again, this time as Manor House. From 1911 until the start of the Second World War the house was used as a school. In 1939 it became a nursing home and was used as such until it was sold to the Chislehurst and Sidcup Urban District Council in 1950. It now serves as the Registry Office for the borough of Bexley.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Georgian House, Early 20th Century School