A view looking south-east across the lawn at Frognal House showing a number of the outbuildings used by Queen Mary's hospital

Date:
19 Jan 1929
Location:
Frognal House, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
Show all locations
Queens Hospital, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08722
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'View southeast across the lawn from the large oak, at the intersection of the two terraces, of the main hospital buildings. French oak near left. Chapel on extreme right'.

Frognal House was a large country house that has once been the seat of the Viscounts Sydney. In 1917 it became the site of the new Queen Mary’s Hospital, a centre for pioneering plastic surgery. The house was then used for many years as administrative offices but is now a retirement home.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

20th Century Hospital Building

Back
to top