A view of the trees running along a path on the east side of the grounds at Frognal House
- 17 Feb 1930
- Frognal House, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
- Photograph (Negative)
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.
The photographer's notes state: 'Closer view of the above old oak, and looking down the same path. 2 Spanish chestnuts close together. 2 beeches beyond'. [The oak tree and path he is referring to can also be seen in BB71/08726]
Frognal House is a large country house which was once the seat of the Viscounts Sydney. In 1917 it became the site of the new Queen’s Hospital (later Queen Mary’s Hospital), a centre for pioneering plastic surgery. The house was later used for many years as administrative offices but is now a retirement home.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills