A view of 21-27 Eltham High Street, taken from the south-west
- 18 Oct 1924
- 21-27 Eltham High Street, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
- Photograph (Negative)
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.
This is a photograph of an image printed in a newspaper. It is believed that the image was photographed by PEW Street c1924-1950.
The photographer's notes state: 'Copy. View in "The Times", Oct. 18. 1924, of Blackney's Smithy in centre of picture on N. side High Street. "Local tradition associates the Smithy with Dick Turpin". On left No 21 (nearer) and No 23. Then the Smithy and No 27 adjoining on E. All these were demolished in 1925. The high building, at back of No 27, is Barclay's Bank'.
21-27 Eltham High Street were located on the north side of the street, close to the present location of numbers 113-133.
This image is on the same negative as BB71/08964A.
© Historic England Archive
Creator of Archive: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Post Medieval Blacksmiths Workshop