A view of the ivy covered west front of Well Hall House showing the moat and part of the 16th century bridge
- 24 Feb 1930
- Well Hall House, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
- Photograph (Negative)
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.
The photographer's notes state: 'The house. The west (garden) front. The east arm of the moat in the foreground, with the old bridge (easterly span only) crossing it to the island'.
Well Hall was originally a 16th century moated manor house owned by the Roper Family. It was demolished in 1733 and replaced with Well Hall House, which was itself demolished in the summer of 1931. The grounds of the house, including the moat, became Well Hall Pleasaunce Public Park.
At the time this photograph was taken the house appears to have been unoccupied.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Georgian House, Tudor Bridge, Tudor Moat