The south front of the Tudor Barn at Well Hall, taken from the south
- 24 Feb 1930
- Well Hall Farm, Tudor Barn, Well Hall Road, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
- Photograph (Negative)
The photographer's notes state: 'The South Range. Mid-westerly part of the south front. The north arm of the moat in foreground'.
Well Hall was originally a 16th century moated manor house owned by the Roper Family. It was demolished in 1733 and replaced with Well Hall House. The surviving older buildings were used then used as farm buildings. Well Hall House was demolished in the summer of 1931 and the Tudor Barn was converted into an art gallery and restaurant in 1936. The grounds of the house, including the moat, became Well Hall Pleasaunce Public Park.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Tudor Moat, Tudor Barn