Mr F. Smallwood's bakery and cottage at the south end of the villlage street, taken from the south-east
- 11 Apr 1938
- Photograph (Negative)
The photographer's notes state: 'F. Smallwood's baker shop & cottage at the corner of Station Road (to St Mary Cray Station), north side, and the village street (High Street, St Paul's Cray) west side. At the southernmost end of the above High Street. On the south side of Station Road, opposite the above cottage, is the north churchyard wall (seen on extreme left) of St Mary Cray parish church. The village street becomes the High Street of St Mary Cray at this point, and the Blue Anchor Pub, which is on the east side of the High St, is the northernmost building of the St Mary Cray parish, & is opposite Station Road. Photo taken from S.E'.
The building is now known as Lime Tree House and the village street has been renamed Main Road.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Post Medieval House, 20th Century Shop, 20th Century Bakery