A view looking north-east across Williams Place towards the backs of 58, 60 and 62 High Street
- 12 Apr 1938
- Williams Place, St Mary Cray, Bromley, Greater London Authority
- Photograph (Negative)
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.
The photographer's notes state: 'In the foreground is the little road, Williams Place, that goes eastwards into the High Street. The river Cray is crossed by this road being under it just on the further side of the telegraph pole in this photo. No 1142 photo was taken looking down the stream from above the fence on the left. The backs of Nos 58 (white building on the left; 60 (up to high chimney stack); 62 (from above stack to beyond the next one to right; & 64 (only a bit of the roof ridge is visible) High Street (west side). The dwelling in foreground behind the telegraph pole is No 2 Williams Place. No 64 High Street is behind it. The high building at the back is "The Black Boy" pub on the east side High Street'. [No 1142 photo refers to BB71/09123]
Williams Place linked the High Street with the Orpington Bypass (now Sevenoaks Way) but it is no longer in existence. The east end of the road is now known as Market Meadow.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Post Medieval House