Looking across the south front of the former Wealden house on the western edge of Kevingtown hamlet
- 13 Jul 1938
- Photograph (Negative)
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.
The photographer's notes state: 'Westernmost block. The central & west parts of the south front. The westerly dwelling on left up to the bay'.
The building was originally a 17th century, timber framed Wealden house but the ground floor has since been rebuilt in brick. By the 20th century it had been divided into two cottages.
The cottages are now named 1 Kevington Cottages (on the left side of the building) and Oak Cottage (on the right). It is unclear, however, whether the two cottages had been named as such at the time the photograph was taken, or whether that happened later.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Post Medieval House, Post Medieval Wealden House