An interior view of the dining room at the Priory showing the large stone fireplace and the timber ceiling

Date:
27 May 1935
Location:
The Priory, Church Hill, Orpington, Bromley, Greater London Authority, BR6
Reference:
BB71/09571
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The Priory. The dining room looking S.S.W. The door on L. opens into the ground floor landing, and the one to R. of it opens on to the tiny lobby between the room and the drawing-room. The narrow doorway in west wall opens on the newel stair'.

The photographer has named the owner of the copyright for this image as Mrs C. E. Hughes. He has also recorded: 'Mr Cecil E. Hughes, the last owner, died in July 1941. The property was scheduled by the Orpington U.D.C. as a public open space in the autumn 1941. Used for functions'.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Dining Room, Post Medieval Vicarage, Medieval Vicarage, Post Medieval House, Domestic Interior

Back
to top