An interior view of the attic space above the Great Hall in the west wing of the Priory

9 Aug 1934
The Priory, Church Hill, Orpington, Bromley, Greater London Authority, BR6
Photograph (Negative)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search


The photographer's notes state: 'The attic over the Great Hall. OId steps leading up to a door opening on to the attic landing (see No 685) to the north in the W. wing'. [No 685 refers to BB71/09584]

The photographer has named the owner of the copyright for this image as Mrs C. E. Hughes. He has also recorded: 'Mr Cecil E. Hughes, the last owner, died in July 1941. The property was scheduled by the Orpington U.D.C. as a public open space in the autumn 1941. Used for functions'.


This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection


© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills


Attic, Storeroom, Medieval Timber Framed Building, Post Medieval Vicarage, Medieval Vicarage, Post Medieval House