The west front of Bark Hart, as seen from the west, with the south wall of All Saints' Church visible on the left

Date:
8 Jun 1935
Location:
Bark Hart, Orpington, Bromley, Greater London Authority, BR6
Reference:
BB71/09625
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'Bark Hart. The west front of the house (old part). OId wall and the parish church on left'.

Bark Hart was originally built in the mid-16th century by Sir Percival Hart but was extended and altered over the subsequent centuries. It was demolished in the mid-1950s and the land was used for the new extension of All Saints' Church.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Post Medieval House

Back
to top