Looking west across the overgrown lawn at the rear of Bark Hart showing the conservatory at the back of the house and the east end of All Saints' Church to the north

Date:
8 Jun 1935
Location:
Bark Hart, Orpington, Bromley, Greater London Authority, BR6
Reference:
BB71/09628
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'Bark Hart. The house. East front and the parish church from the east garden'.

Bark Hart was originally built in the mid-16th century by Sir Percival Hart but was extended and altered over the subsequent centuries. It was demolished in the mid-1950s and the land was used for the new extension of All Saints' Church.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Conservatory, Medieval Parish Church, Post Medieval House

Back
to top