Detail view of the altar tomb and effigy monument to John Berinton, against the north wall of the north transept in St Lawrence's church

Date:
1931
Location:
St Lawrence's Church, Bishopstone, County Of Herefordshire
Reference:
CN00412
Type:
Photograph (Negative)
Placeholder image

Image not available

Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

The monument was erected by John Berinton's widow Joyce Ketilby. The effigies are in the form of a male and a female, lying side by side, each holding a book and with the male's feet on a dog. A print of this image is in the RCHME Inventory Notes for Bishopstone. This image is printed in the RCHME Inventory volume Herefordshire III-North West

Content

This is part of the Sub Series: RCH01/166/03 Glass plate and large format negatives; within the Series: RCH01/166 RCHME Inventory: Herefordshire III - North-West; within the Collection: RCH01 Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England (RCHME) Archive

Rights

© Crown Copyright. Historic England Archive

Keywords

Tomb, Medieval Church