This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
ST BREWARD CHURCHTOWN, St Breward SX 07 NE 5/197 Churchyard cross to south of Church - of St Brueredus
Churchyard cross. Medieval, cross head restored on late C19 shaft and resited in 1890. Granite wheelhead cross in the form of a maltese-type cross superimposed over a circle, the angles forming 4 pierced trefoils. Circa late C19 granite tapered monolith shaft, rectangular in section.
Cross head removed from low wall near the school and resited in the churchyard in 1890.
Listing NGR: SX0974477320
Copyright IoE Mr John A. Busbridge. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Busbridge, John A.
Rights Holder: Busbridge, John A.
Granite, Medieval Cross, Tudor Religious Ritual And Funerary