This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SY 4889 BURTON BRADSTOCK CHAPEL STREET, East Side
8/68 Public Library, 5-9-60 (formerly listed as Wesleyan Chapel) GV II
Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, converted to public library. Dated 1825.
Rubble stone walls with stone quoins. Asbestos slate roof, with tile ridge. One brick stack at right hand gable. One storey, 2 windows, large C20 sashes with glazing-bars. Wooden cills. Stone arch-voussoirs. Blocked round-arch entrance at left ground with one hexagonal C20 light. Door into library, at centre, plank-and-muntin, with stone arch voussoirs over.
Listing NGR: SY4883089555
Copyright IoE Mr David Cantrille. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Cantrille, David
Rights Holder: Cantrille, David
Asbestos, Rubble, Stone, Georgian Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Religious Ritual And Funerary, Methodist Chapel, Nonconformist Chapel, Chapel, Place Of Worship, Public Library, Education, Library