This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1671 DEEPING ROAD Stamford and Rutland General Infirmary TF 0307 2/400 II 2.
Centrepiece by J P Gandy 1826-28, wings to the east by E Browning, 1879. 2 storeys in Tudor style, 9 windows. Stone, with slated roof behind parapet. Gables to end pavilions and to centre, which is of ashlar with canted 10-light oriel with crenellated parapet above entrance, and pair of crocketed finials flanking gable.
End pavilions have 4-light windows, dripmoulds. Crenellated parapet. Pair of iron lampstandards flank steps to entrance. 2-storey later extension set back to left. Modern wing to right.
Listing NGR: TF0367607505
Copyright IoE C. Culligan. Source Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Culligan, C.
Rights Holder: Culligan, C.
Ashlar, Iron, Slate, Stone, Georgian Infirmary, Health And Welfare, Lamp Post, Gardens Parks And Urban Spaces, Street Furniture