This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
SP 14 SW ASTON SUBEDGE ASTON SUBEDGE VILLAGE
4/5 Gate Piers on either side of track to the right of Hillfoot Cottages
Gate Piers at former entrance to Burnt Norton Hall. C18. Two rectangular sandstone piers with moulded tops rising to points.
Inscription 'SAMSON/BODDINGTON/MIDDLE 1786/BARTON/OXFORD IIIIII' on back of right hand pier. Initials R.G. 1781 on right of same pier.
Left pier no longer upstanding (June 1984) (q.v.). A very similar inscription may also be found on a barn at Middle Norton Farm, Weston Subedge.
Listing NGR: SP1388941456
© Lorna Freeman. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Freeman, Lorna
Rights Holder: Freeman, Lorna
Sandstone, Stuart Gate Pier, Georgian Unassigned