The Mill

Date:
20 Jul 2000
Location:
The Mill, Church Road, Braunston, Daventry, Northamptonshire
Reference:
IOE01/02407/09
Type:
Photograph (Digital)

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

BRAUNSTON CHURCH ROAD SP5366 (North side) 18/72 The Mill

GV II

Windmill. c.1800, ceased work c.1900, converted to house c.1920 when top floor demolished. Brick with ribbed metal roof. 6 storeys; windows have rendered surrounds and C20 casements. C20 brick porch on south side has doorway with concrete lintel and plank door. Interior not inspected. Included for group value.

(G. Starmer, Check List of Northamptonshire Wind and Watermills. Bulletin of Industrial Archeology C.B.A. Group 9, No,12, April 1970).

Listing NGR: SP5376166159

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE01/0012 IOE Records taken by John Airlie Hunter; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

© Dr John Airlie Hunter. Source: Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Airlie Hunter, John

Rights Holder: Airlie Hunter, John

Keywords

Brick, Metal, Render, Georgian Windmill, Monument <By Form>, Industrial, Wind Power Site, Power Generation Site, House, Domestic, Dwelling

Back
to top