Monument To Thomas Fulljames In The Churchyard Of The Church Of St Mary, Circa 3 Metres West Of William Lane Monument

Date:
24 Sep 2004
Location:
Monument To Thomas Fulljames In The Churchyard Of The Church Of St Mary, Circa 3 Metres West Of William Lane Monument, Hasfield, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Reference:
IOE01/07708/11
Type:
Photograph (Digital)
To ask us about this record, please make an enquiry.
Request a copy

Description

This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.

SO 82 NW HASFIELD -

3/79 Monument to Thomas Fulljames in the churchyard of the Church of St. Mary, c3m west of William Lane monument

GV II

Recumbent monument to Thomas Fulljames, died 1874. Limestone.

Rectangular plinth with hipped upper surface flattened out at top.

Inscription on north side, pointed scalloped decoration above continued around all 4 sides. Recumbent hipped tombstone above with cross along ridge and inscription on all 4 sides, incised decoration either side of cross. The architect, Thomas Fulljames was responsible for numerous church restorations in Gloucestershire. He restored church and designed north aisle of Hasfield Church (q.v.) and inherited Hasfield Court from his uncle, also Thomas Fulljames.

Listing NGR: SO8260427545

Content

This is part of the Series: IOE\Keighley_John IOE Records for Keighley, John; within the Collection: IOE01 Images Of England

Rights

Copyright IoE Mr John Keighley. Source Historic England Archive

This photograph was taken for the Images of England project

People & Organisations

Photographer: Keighley, John

Rights Holder: Keighley, John

Keywords

Limestone, Victorian Commemorative Monument, Commemorative