This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
The following building shall be added
IPSWICH TM1645 CHRISTCHURCH PARK 642-0/7/10047 Drinking Fountain
Drinking fountain. 1862. Signed by F Arrow. The gift of John Brett. Stone over brick core. Stepped plinth with inscription recording gift on north side. Square-section structure with its base elaborated by one projecting bow to each face.
Superstructure stepped back by moulded rebates. Main part has rebated corners fitted with annulated columns with stiff-leaf capitals and each main side has a central arched recess. In recesses are wrought-iron scrollwork and fountain taps, only one of which is in place (replaced C20). Roundels and square mouldings in frieze. Cornice with stylised waterleaf.
Surmounted by an obelisk finial in centre with corner finials below, the latter separated by giant anthemions.
Listing NGR: TM1618545327
© Mr Stuart Grimwade. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Grimwade, Stuart
Rights Holder: Grimwade, Stuart
Brick, Stone, Wrought Iron, Victorian Drinking Fountain, Water Supply And Drainage, Fountain, Water Supply Site