This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
LACOCK CHURCH STREET ST 9168 (north side) 4/48 No 13 (The Red House) 20.12.60 GV II
House, dated 1778, red brick and stone dressings. Plain-tiled mansard roof with stone slate verges. Rubble stone end walls.
Originally regular 2-storey-and-attic, 3-window range with end walls stacks, extended in matching style to 4-window range in 1926.
Coped gables, east end stack inscribed W. Webb 1778. Three gabled dormers. Ashlar plinth, rusticated quoins, raised band, eaves cornice and moulded window architraves. Original house has paired 12-pane sashes each side, single 16-pane sash to centre over 6- panel door in similar architrave with hood on brackets. Left side addition has paired 12-pane sashes to each floor. Tudor-arched fireplace in room to left of entrance.
Listing NGR: ST9166668593
© Mr Keith Young. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Young, Keith
Rights Holder: Young, Keith
Ashlar, Brick, Rubble, Stone, Tile, Georgian House, Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling