This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
KEMSING KEMSING 5280 High Street (North Side) The St Edith's Hall TQ 5558 16/565 II 2.
1911 by Godfrey Pinkerton. Ambitious structure of 3 builds. All high pitched tiled roofs. Handmade red brick made interesting by bands of narrower bricks and tumbling in on gable ends. Tall, brick chimneys in C17 style. Oak framed and mullioned windows, those in centre part carved and with Tudor heads to lights.
Main centre building higher than others, of one storey, 5 bays. Small cupola on ridge. Stepped buttresses. Central ashlar feature with figure of St Edith in niche. 2-storey, 3-bay residential left part. At right subsidiary hall of 3 wide bays, the outer ones projecting under gables. 2 long covered ways lead from street to entrance links.
Listing NGR: TQ5559358682
© Mr Ron Garvey. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Garvey, Ron
Rights Holder: Garvey, Ron
Ashlar, Brick, Tile, 20th Century Building, Unassigned, Covered Way