This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
EAST TISTED ROPLEY ROAD SU 63 SE 4/6 Plain Farmhouse
House. C18 and mid C19. Double pile house of 2 dates. Ashlar malmstone.
Tiled roof. The rear (south-east) elevation has 2 storeys 3 windows; plain roof, walls of ashlar malmstone, casements with pointed heads (one upper splayed bay at the west side) and a plain doorway: small slate plaque inscribed 1836.
The front (north west) is mid C19 Tudor, of 2 storeys, 3 windows. The walls are painted brickwork in English bond, with rubbed flat arches. The roof has bands of scalloped tiles and the chimneys have diagonal flues on rectangular bases.
3-light casements with pointed heads, and a large central bay with a crenellated parapet, flanking walls with a Gothic coping, pointed heads to the casements.
Plain doorway west of the bay and a filled one at the east side. Attached to the building at the east end, via an open porch, is a single-storeyed octagonal building, with hipped roof, walls of brickwork with lower flint panels, Gothic windows alternating with vertical slits, and Tudor doorway facing the porch.
Listing NGR: SU6899831704
© Mrs Jennifer Graham. Source: Historic England Archive
This photograph was taken for the Images of England project
People & Organisations
Photographer: Graham, Jennifer
Rights Holder: Graham, Jennifer
Ashlar, Brick, Flint, Malmstone, Tile, Stuart House, Georgian Monument <By Form>, Domestic, Dwelling, Wall, Barrier