This information is taken from the statutory List as it was in 2001 and may not be up to date.
1833 COLLEGE STREET (South Side) St Mary's College.
SU 4828 NW 8/6 24.3.50.
In the centre of the Cloistew. C15, 2 storeys, stone with turret stair, built by John Fromond, the founder's steward, bequest of 1420. Green Ventnor stone. Two storeys, Chapel below with library above.Lierne vault with bosses.
All the listed buildings in College Street form a group.
Listing NGR: SU4826829006
© Mr Bruce S. Purvis. Source: Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Photographer: Purvis, Bruce S.
Rights Holder: Purvis, Bruce S.
Malmstone, Medieval Chantry Chapel, Tudor Religious Ritual And Funerary, Chapel, Place Of Worship, School, Education, Library, Recreational, Art And Education Venue