Dyeline copy of a plan originally prepared in September 1922 by Royal Engineers and published by the Ordnance Survey in 1923. It shows the part of the castle to the north of the church, including the defences, batteries, buildings and land use. The rooms of each building are labelled with their use and the buildings, roads and defences are named. A red pencil grid has been drawn across the plan. There is a key to the utilities and other measurements (such as room heights). There is a table into which three correction dates have been entered with dates of 30th June 1947, 30th June 1962 and 30th June 1955.
Copyright Crown Copyright. Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Creator of Archive: Office Of Works