The plan shows the ground floor of Osborne House, with the routes of clean water supply from wells at Osborne marked in red ink, and the route of clean water from the 'engine at Barton' marked in blue ink. Notes in black ink add further details. The item is annotated with several drawing numbers: '10371' in pencil, 'OS2/4' in blue crayon and 'R/277/20' in red crayon. This might relate it to MP/OSH0045. Although there is no clear attribution, it was probably created by the Office of Works, and can be dated between 1880, as it shows the prayer room, and 1902, when Edward VII gave Osborne to the nation.
This is part of the Volume: PF/OSH Osborne House, East Cowes, Isle of Wight; within the Series: EHC01/022 English Heritage Plans and Measured Drawings; within the Collection: EHC01 English Heritage(EH):Archive
© Crown Copyright. Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Creator of Archive: Office Of Works
Victorian Country House