The Cathedral Church of St Mary was begun in 1220 and completed in 1266. The Cloisters and Chapter House were added between c1270-1279. The tower was then enlarged and spire was constructed after 1330. Restorations took place from 1789 under the guidance of James Wyatt.
The reverse of the print is stamped with a National Buildings Record stamp, noting that the print was accessioned to their collection on the 12th of August 1942, from the donor J L Lovibond.
Source: Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Donor: Lovibond, Joseph Locke