A new garage building attached to stables at Swallowcliffe Manor, photographed after major alterations were made to the house by the Cavendish family in c1905

Date:
1905 - 1910
Location:
Swallowcliffe Manor, Swallowcliffe, Wiltshire
Reference:
OP06627
Type:
Photograph (Gelatine Print)
Placeholder image

Image not available

Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

The house was built in the mid-17th century and was originally on a 'T' plan, with the alterations of c1905 adding a north wing. This photograph was taken by a Mr C B Willcocks of the architectural firm Willcocks and Greenaway, and it is part of a series of images of the manor house. It is likely therefore, that Willcocks & Greenaway were the architects behind the Cavendish family's alterations to the house.

Content

This is part of the Series: RBO01/45 Early Photographic Print Collection: Wiltshire; within the Collection: RBO01 Early Photographic Print Collection

Rights

Source: Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Architect: Willcocks And Greenway

Photographer: Willcocks, Conrad Birdwood

Keywords

Early 20th Century Garage