The foundations of the Cathedral Church of St Mary at Salisbury were laid on the 25th of February 1220, and the Cathedral was completed in 1266. The Cloisters and the Chapter House were added between 1270 and 1279.
A note on the reverse of the print states that J L Lovibond was the photographer who created this image, but this is at odds with the initials G W W on the actual print, standing for George Washington Wilson, prolific photographer and photographic firm of Scotland.
The reverse of the print is stamped to indicate that the image was previously held in the collection of the National Buildings Record.
Source: Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Photographer: Wilson, George Washington
Chapter House, Medieval Cathedral, Medieval Chapter House