A large album or folio containing 11 photographs and 5 maps, the photographs showing the exterior and garden of Northumberland House, with one photograph of shops at Charing Cross. The mounts have the stamp of the photographer William Strudwick. The maps show proposals for the route of Northumberland Avenue, either with or without the demolition of Northumberland House, plus one showing seven new road proposals in the area.
Northumberland House was demolished in 1874.
The exterior of the front cover has a central panel inscribed "Metropolitan Board of Works, January 1875". The interior of the front cover has the name plate of "Sir James M Hogg, Case Shelf". There is a letter inside the front cover from A McGarel Hogg, dated April 15th 1907, offering the album to the library of the Constitutional Club.
The album is in poor condition and needs conservation. It was catalogued on 9th October 2006.
This is part of the Collection: NOR03 Northumberland House Album
This Volume contains the following materials:
Source: Historic England Archive
Jacobean Town House, Jacobean Courtyard House