Prosecutions and alternative disposals
This is a general guide to the range of interventions available to those agencies responsible for the enforcement of heritage crime. It looks in general terms at possible interventions from prosecution through to the many types of alternative disposal options, both formal and voluntary, including consideration of the restorative justice process.
This guide is part of a suite of guides to help people reduce the threat of crime to England's historic buildings and sites. For more background on the general nature of heritage crime and national and local strategies for tackling it please see the heritage crime web pages.
- What is heritage crime?
- The need for enforcement
- The aims of intervention
- Non-prosecution disposals in general
- Restorative justice
- Available interventions
- Proceeds of Crime Act 2002
- Appendix 1: Heritage Crime Memorandum of Understanding
- Appendix 2: Summary of specific heritage crime offences for designated heritage assets
- Appendix 3: Other specific heritage crime offences not related to particular designations
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Fax: 01793 414926
Textphone: 0800 015 0516
Email: [email protected]