Heritage Crime Prevention
Advice for those who care for heritage assets
This guidance has been written for those who care for heritage assets, including owners, tenants, managers, and voluntary groups. It sets out 25 broadly applicable techniques of crime prevention, with guidance on the ways in which they might be used to prevent or deter heritage crime in particular.
This guide is part of a suite of guides to help people reduce the threat of crime to England's historic buildings and sites. For more background on the general nature of heritage crime and national and local strategies for tackling it please see the heritage crime web pages.
- Heritage crime prevention
- Specialist heritage crime issues
- Crime prevention measures
- Quick reference summary: heritage buildings
- Quick reference summary: historic landscapes
- Quick reference summary: maritime heritage assets
- Where to get further advice
- Summary table
It is intended to be used alongside Historic England’s guidance document, Heritage Crime Risk Assessment.
- Series: Guidance
- Publication Status: Completed
- Pages: 72
- Product Code: HEAG319
If you require an alternative, accessible version of this document (for instance in audio, Braille or large print) please contact us:
Customer Service Department
Telephone: 0370 333 0607
Email: [email protected]