This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

Prehistoric to post-medieval settlement, and religious and funerary remains on the middle and lower slopes west and south of Roughtor

List Entry Summary

This monument is scheduled under the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979 as amended as it appears to the Secretary of State to be of national importance. This entry is a copy, the original is held by the Department for Culture, Media and Sport.

Name: Prehistoric to post-medieval settlement, and religious and funerary remains on the middle and lower slopes west and south of Roughtor

List entry Number: 1019172

Location

The monument may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cornwall

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: St. Breward

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: Not applicable to this List entry.

Date first scheduled: 04-Mar-1968

Date of most recent amendment: 09-Apr-2001

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: RSM

UID: 15548

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Monument

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

The complex array of archaeological remains in this scheduling around the slopes of Roughtor provides one of the finest examples of a landscape palimpsest in the country, its diversity of surviving features demonstrating the major phases in prehistoric to post-medieval land use changes on these slopes. The good survival of prehistoric remains gives rare insights into an unusually long development of activities, in considerable detail and over a sufficiently extensive area to demonstrate variations in population, farming methods, the size of agricultural and social units, and the important role of the underlying topography in the organisation of those factors. Of particular importance in this scheduling is the preservation of details such as the differing linear boundary forms, the selective robbing or reuse of earlier walls and hut circles, and the presence of kerbed boulders, which illustrate how prehistoric communities regarded the landscape and the remains they encountered from its earlier users. These are also important aspects relevant to the medieval features, whose major components: the outfield, the pasture boundary and the cross-bases, survive very well and show how much wider were the influences which determined the nature and disposition of remains from this period within this scheduling. The large outfield also merits mention as one of the most intact and unmodified examples nationally, retaining a particularly comprehensive range of surviving features. Because of their unusually good and extensive archaeological survival, the remains in this scheduling receive frequent mention in national and regional archaeological reviews.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The monument includes extensive remains from successive phases of prehistoric to post-medieval activity across the middle and lower slopes on the west and south of Roughtor on north western Bodmin Moor. The remains include complex prehistoric settlements and field systems, over 17 prehistoric cairns, pertaining both to funerary activity and surface rubble clearance, and at least six small prehistoric religious sites called kerbed boulders. Early medieval to post-medieval pastoral activity has produced at least nine shepherd's shelters, while more intensive later medieval exploitation led to a pasture boundary across the western lower slope, a large block of fields over the south east flank of Roughtor and the base slabs of two medieval crosses reflecting former routes across the Moor. Post-medieval activity has resulted in many traces of moorstone splitting, roughouts of millstones and at least one trough, turf storage platforms and trackways. This scheduling is divided into three separate areas of protection. The overall complex of prehistoric settlement remains comprises a range of components: field systems, enclosures, areas cleared of surface rubble, long linear boundaries subdividing much of the slope into large blocks, and over 200 prehistoric hut circles, most forming dense concentrations across the lower slopes north west and south of Roughtor. The various relationships between these components and their patterning across the terrain demonstrates the sequence of prehistoric land uses of these hillslopes. Early in the sequence are scattered areas called clearance plots, whose surface rubble has been cleared to their edges but not used to create walled fields. These are most apparent along the margins of the boulder scree, locally called clitter, around the upper slopes west, south west and south of Roughtor. Here they form small, rounded, stone-free areas, often as small as 10m across and separated by spreads of clitter. Towards the lower edge of the clitter they become larger and interconnect, accompanied by cleared rubble along their lower edges and occasionally mounded as clearance cairns within them. Associated with the clearance plots are habitation sites called house platforms, small rounded areas measuring up to 6m across, cleared and levelled, sometimes on a low rubble terrace, but lacking the walling of hut circles. One survives west of Showery Tor and another west of Roughtor, both on the upper slope. At lower levels the middle slope is more extensively stone-free, partly due to natural exhaustion of downslope clitter movement, but scattered small cairns also betray deliberate clearance. Over most of the scheduling beyond the clearance plots, and extending beyond this scheduling to the north, the earliest settlement evidence comprises a network of sinuous rubble banks defining quite large irregular fields laid out by piecemeal additions, eventually encompassing much of the slope as an irregular aggregate field system. Where least affected by later activity, on the midslopes west of Showery Tor and south of Roughtor, plots are commonly 50m-100m across, defined by rubble banks with occasional edge-set slabs. The banks' effect on downslope soil movement due to prehistoric cultivation often produces a step in surface level to each side called a lynchet. Some plots on the lower slope south west of Roughtor are partly defined by natural banks of rubble slumped downslope during glacial freeze-thaw conditions. Most, but not all, hut circles in this scheduling are associated with this field system, with walls integrated with the field system banks and suffering similar robbing of their fabric due to later prehistoric land use changes. These tend to be the smaller hut circles, with rounded interiors generally in the range 2.5m-6m across and often, but not always, levelled into the slope. Where sufficiently intact, their rubble banks are often faced by edge-set slabs internally, and occasionally externally too. Entrances are commonly flanked by large end-set slabs and usually face southerly aspects. Although many will have been houses, the smallest examples may have served as ancillary buildings. Dense spreads of such hut circles occur across the lower middle slope north west and south of Roughtor, with a much more dispersed scatter on its south west flank and at higher levels on the south and south east sides. Over most of its area, the irregular field system was deliberately dismantled later in the prehistoric period, transforming an enclosed landscape, in which arable was important, into a more open landscape for a predominantly pastoral economy. Unless reused in the later phase, most irregular field system banks were robbed of rubble, leaving very slight banks or scarps with little visible stone. Elsewhere, and especially at higher levels, field walls were broken into discontinuous lengths, frequently including a row of clearance cairns. Many hut circles were also robbed of wall rubble, leaving their levelled stance but often with one or both entrance slabs still in place, an anomaly possibly of superstitious origin. The later prehistoric settlement phase responsible for opening up the landscape is characterised by scatters of ovoid and polygonal enclosures over the same lower middle slope terrain as the earlier hut circles north west and south of Roughtor. Each area contains several large enclosures, generally 50m-100m across but up to 135m on the southern flank, interspersed with smaller enclosures, often 15m-30m across. The enclosures usually have substantial rubble walls faced by edge-set slabs and several show marked lynchetting suggesting cultivation of their interiors. Some enclosures, particularly the polygonal ones, derive their outlines from truncated portions of the earlier irregular field system. The enclosures are associated with between one and five hut circles each, with similarly substantial walls, singly or double faced, and frequently with entrance jamb slabs. Their walls define levelled interiors, commonly 5m-6m across but up to 9m in diameter. The hut circles are generally incorporated into the enclosure wall, though occasional examples occur within or closely outside the enclosures. Broadly contemporary with the phase of enclosures, the slopes to the north west, west, south west and south of the Showery Tor-Roughtor ridge were subdivided by major linear boundaries into four large blocks rising to 300m-320m contour levels. Each except the south western block contains part of the enclosure settlement at lower levels, accompanied by an area of cleared pasture. The west, south west and southern blocks are defined by substantial rubble boundaries radiating north west, west and SSW from the lower margins of the Roughtor clitter. The topography prevents such radial definition for the north western block and it is delimited to each side by boundaries ascending the slope to meet at a midslope apex. The valley floor around the ridge defines the lower edge for most blocks, however another linear boundary completes the lower edge of the southern block, and the south western block shows no closure across the saddle to Louden Hill and Stannon Down: it is considered that the extent of the south western block on Roughtor formed pasture for a settlement focus on the other side of the saddle. The block-defining boundaries show marked differences in character corresponding with their range of functions. For example, the north east boundary of the north western block is a massive rubble bank, 400m long, generally 6m-7.5m wide and 0.4m high, with coursed and edge-set slab facing on each side. This is an important boundary in the organisation of later prehistoric land use around the slope as it also separates the enclosed pasture and settlement blocks from the cleared and unpartitioned land lacking contemporary settlement over the north of the ridge. It shows alignments on ridge-top landmarks crowned by prehistoric cairns: the lower two-thirds aligned on Showery Tor, and most of the upper third aligned on Little Roughtor. By contrast, the boundary that it meets at its upper end is a far slighter rubble wall defining the south east of the block. At least 17 prehistoric cairns with rubble mounds in the range 2.5m-12m across occur in this scheduling, in addition to numerous smaller cairns. Eight show structural features familiar from prehistoric funerary cairns elsewhere: edge- set kerb slabs along the edge or crest of the mound, and three of these have settings of central slabs suggesting a box-like funerary structure called a cist. Two other cairns lack such structural detail but have a form common to funerary cairns: a platform cairn, with a low flattened upper surface, is located on the lower slope close to the massive linear boundary at the north of the enclosure blocks; the other is a large round cairn beside the valley floor west of Roughtor. The ten cairns with indications of a funerary origin are well-dispersed across the middle and lower slopes but appear absent from similar levels south and SSE of Roughtor. They show no clear differences in size, distribution or relationships from cairns lacking positive evidence for a funerary function and which appear to originate in the use and later dismantling of the irregular field system, suggesting that rubble clearance and funerary use were shared roles of such cairns. The scheduling also contains at least six prehistoric religious structures called kerbed boulders. Two types are apparent, both focussed on natural boulders. In one, a relatively low slab or cluster of slabs is encircled by a setting of edge-set slabs, 3.75m-6.5m across; three examples are present, spaced 110m-225m apart on the midslope south and south west of Roughtor. In the other type, a large upstanding boulder is adjoined by a low rubble wall, again with edge-set slabs, defining a small rounded cleared area fronting a vertical face of the boulder and variously 2m-7.5m across. The three examples of this form are also well spaced, 230m-235m apart, but are located in the margins of the upper slope clitter south west, SSW and SSE of Roughtor summit. Those on the south west and SSW each include a very tall end-set slab, 1.1m and 1.5m high respectively and leaning with one flat face oriented to the Roughtor summit outcrops. Vegetation and excavated evidence indicates general retraction of settlement from the south western moors by the early 1st millennium BC: abandonment of the settlements with enclosures in this scheduling is likely to correspond with this. Late prehistoric occupation is however considered likely for an unusual feature resembling an intercutting cluster of five hut circles within a large enclosure on the lower slope south of Roughtor. Within the thickness of their shared wall rubble, the internal areas form small irregular chambers, analogous with Iron Age to Romano-British house forms further west in Cornwall. Later settlement appears with small structures called transhumance huts, seasonal shelters for herdsmen tending stock moved to the moor for summer pasture. Elsewhere, their relationships with other features indicates a largely early medieval date. Their low rubble walls enclose small rectangular internal areas about 3m-5m long by 2.5m wide. At least six transhumance huts have been recognised in the scheduling, widely scattered across the midslope, in each case built from rubble taken from adjacent prehistoric structures: three are built into former hut circles and two adjoin a prehistoric linear boundary and one reuses walling of the prehistoric irregular field system on the south slope. The organisation of later medieval agriculture made a more substantial impact on the area of this scheduling. The lower slope north west of Roughtor was taken into the private pasture belonging to the medieval tenement of Stannon, the bulk of which extended south west across Stannon Down, beyond this scheduling. Stannon's pasture on this slope was defined from the common grazing on the higher slopes by a long low boundary bank, 1.18km long and accompanied for much of its length by a ditch on its upslope side. The bank is largely heaped rubble with low edge-set slabs but its character varies considerably, depending on its proximity to prehistoric structures whose robbing provided most of its rubble. Near its midpoint, this pasture boundary includes the base slab of a medieval wayside cross, a subrectangular slab, 1m long and 0.2m thick, with a tapering rectangular mortice slot in its upper surface. It is considered to be near its original position on a route across the common land, keeping close to the edge of the private pasture. A second, slightly larger, medieval cross base slab in this scheduling, with a fully perforated mortice, leans against a boulder in the clitter SSW of Roughtor. More extensive remains in the scheduling derive from a resettlement of the Moor apparent from about the 12th century AD. A discrete block of fields was laid out on the SSE slope of Roughtor eventually encompassing about 7.5ha, to form an outfield: an area of cultivation detached from the more intensively cultivated land around a settlement's focus, in this instance the medieval settlement at Fernacre, to the south east beyond this scheduling. The surface features and pattern of subdivision within the outfield block reveal its inclusion of various prehistoric features, at least two major phases of enlargement, and differing intensities of cultivation within its plots. The core of the outfield reuses an ovoid prehistoric enclosure whose interior was partitioned into three plots by downslope rubble and slab banks. The plots are strongly lynchetted and have prominent downslope cultivation ridges with occasional mounds of cleared rubble, often on or against ground-fast boulders too large to be moved. The outfield underwent its first major expansion by the addition of three large sub-rectangular areas, in clockwise order from the upper wall of the reused prehistoric enclosure, leaving it as the south west sector of a much larger outfield covering 250m across the slope by up to 220m down the slope. These enlarged areas were defined and subdivided by mostly straight walls and banks, with only limited reuse of prehistoric walls. Both upslope areas of the enlarged outfield were subdivided into three downslope strips, again strongly lynchetted with marked downslope cultivation ridging and scattered clearance mounds, though the upper third of the north western area shows less intensive use. The outfield's south east area was cleared of surface stone but subdivision only partitions its western quarter, with cultivation ridges over its upper half; the rest of this sector shows only faint ridging, due either to less intensive use or subsequent masking by peaty soil development. The outfield's upper levels show scarps and clearance mounds where prehistoric irregular field system walls were removed, but at least three rounded prehistoric plots survive intact beyond the outfield's upslope walls; traces of ridging on their surfaces show medieval reuse as a short-term extension of the outfield. The second major enlargement of the outfield extended its area 65m-110m to the south west, defined by a sinuous wall refurbishing prehistoric walling in places: most of this extension's south east wall reuses a prehistoric linear boundary along the foot of the slope. This enlarged area was divided into four broad north east-south west strips, crossing the slope diagonally; the strips' dividing banks meet the outer boundary at an upslope curve mirrored by a strong lynchet behind them, reflecting the need to turn the plough team at the foot of the field. Cultivation ridging, marked lynchetting and clearance mounds are again visible, though the highest and lowest strips, on the north west and south east sides respectively, show less intensive use. Abandonment of the outfield corresponds with a wider late medieval retraction from moorland cultivation from the later 14th century AD onwards. The expansion of common grazing to encompass the outfield and the formerly private pasture of the Stannon's tenement leaves few tangible features from a dominant land use which persists to the present day. However remains of four well-built shelters serving post-medieval herdsmen and their stock do survive on the midslopes west and south of Roughtor. Their coursed rubble walls enclose narrow interiors, about 3m long by 1.5m wide, though the largest example on the western slope had a small chamber added to its northern end while another to the south had a small slab-built fireplace and adjacent cupboard. Those on the southern slope, built against massive boulders, have very low entrances and were roofed by long slender slabs. Other post-medieval activities are apparent in this scheduling. Numerous stone grubbing pits occur where boulders have been exposed for splitting or have often been removed altogether. The distinctive marks from `wedge- splitting' on surviving split faces shows that most stone splitting in this scheduling took place prior to AD 1800. Abandoned roughouts from moorstone working include, most frequently, millstones but also an unfinished trough and a cider mill stone. Peat cutting for fuel produced numerous small platforms fringing the valley floors where the cut peat, locally called turf, was stacked for storage awaiting transport off the Moor. Three platforms occur in the north west of this scheduling, each with a rectangular central area surrounded by a shallow ditch and a low outer bank. Peat cutting in a raised bog in the south of this scheduling exposed prehistoric field system and boundary remains on an old land surface. Major cross-moor routes have used this common pasture from the medieval period onwards, giving rise to the two cross-bases in this scheduling. A later trackway shown on 19th century Ordnance Survey maps runs roughly north-south across the midslope north west of Roughtor, its course still visible over 100m as a hollow way which breaks through the massive prehistoric linear boundary in the north of this scheduling. All vegetation monitoring equipment is excluded from the scheduling, although the ground beneath it is included.

MAP EXTRACT The site of the monument is shown on the attached map extract. It includes a 2 metre boundary around the archaeological features, considered to be essential for the monument's support and preservation.

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Langdon, A G, Stone Crosses in East Cornwall, (1996)
Sharpe, A, Minions: An Archaeological Survey of the Caradon Mining District, (1993)
Sharpe, A, Minions: An Archaeological Survey of the Caradon Mining District, (1993)
Christie, P M, Rose, P G, 'Cornish Archaeology' in Davidstow Moor, Cornwall. The Medieval And Later Sites., (1987), 163-195
Christie, P M, Rose, P G, 'Cornish Archaeology' in Davidstow Moor, Cornwall. The Medieval And Later Sites., (1987), 163-195
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Johnson, N, Rose, P, 'The Human Landscape to c 1800' in Bodmin Moor An Archaeological Survey, , Vol. 1, (1994)
Other
CAU, 1:100 survey plan GRH 124/7/11, (1984)
CAU, 1:1000 Bodmin Moor Survey plan SX 1480 NW, (1985)
CAU, 1:1000 Plan and explanatory overlay for SX 1480 NW, SW, NE, SE, (1984)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey and explanatory overlay; SX 1480 SW; SX 1480 NE & SE, (1984)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay SX 1381 NE, (1985)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay SX 1480 NE, (1985)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay SX 1480 NW & SW, (1985)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay SX 1480 NW, (1985)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay SX 1480 SE & NE, (1985)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay SX 1480 SE, (1985)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay SX 1480 SW & SE, (1985)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay SX 1480 SW, (1985)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay SX 1481 NW, (1985)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay SX 1481 SE, (1984)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay SX 1481 SW, (1984)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay SX 1481 SW, (1985)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay SX 1481 SW, (1985)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay; SX 1480 NW & SW, (1984)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay; SX 1480 NW & SW, (1985)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay; SX 1480 SW & SE, (1984)
CAU, 1:1000 Survey plan and explanatory overlay; SX 1480 SW, (1984)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entries PRN 3291 & 3292, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entries PRN 3291; 3292; 3297; 3306, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entries PRN 3315 & 3318,
CAU, Cornwall SMR entries PRN 3315; 3316; 3318,
CAU, Cornwall SMR entries; PRN 3315; 3320; 3321; 3322,
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 12402, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3286.10, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3286.11, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3286.12, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3286.2, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3286.3, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3286.4, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3286.5, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3286.6, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3286.7, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3286.9, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3287.2, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3287.3, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3287.4, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3291, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3292, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3294, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3295, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3297, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3299.1, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3299.2, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3299.3, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3299.4, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3299.5, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3299.6, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3300, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3301, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3302, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3305, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3309, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3312, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3313, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3314.1, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3314.2, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3314.3, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3314.4, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3315,
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3315, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3316,
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3323, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3324, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3325, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3328,
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3329, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3330, (1985)
CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3331, (1997)
Includes 1:100 survey plan, CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3286.8, (1985)
Not completed, CAU, Cornwall SMR entry PRN 3332,
p 80, CAU, Bodmin Moor: An Archaeological Survey, The Human Landscape to c 1800, (1994)
Title: 1:10000 Ordnance Survey Map SX 18 SW Source Date: 1982 Author: Publisher: Surveyor:
Title: 1:10000 Ordnance Survey Map; SX 18 SW Source Date: 1982 Author: Publisher: Surveyor:

National Grid Reference: SX 14369 80419, SX 14570 81386, SX 14701 81497

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1019172 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2017 at 04:24:40.

End of official listing