Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


Ordnance survey map of BROOK HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1021502 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 16:22:44.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
ST 85062 53433


HEYWOOD BROKERSWOOD ST 85 SE (east side) 4/181 Brook Hall 11.9.68 GV II Farmhouse. Circa 1600, altered late C18. Coursed rubble stone, hipped stone slate roof, brick stacks. Two-storey, 4-window east front, a late C18 rendered Gothick facade. Two pointed doorways, the left one is blocked, one to right of centre has 6-panelled door and tripartite Tudor-arched sash with Y tracery and glazing bars to right and two similar Tudor-arched sashes to left. First floor has four Tudor-arched 2-light casements with Y glazing bars. Left return has C19 attached lean-to extension with 2-light blocked mullioned casement within, external brick stack, two blocked cross windows and one cross window with casements to first floor. West front has C19 lean-to porch with slate roof with 4-panelled and planked door within, first floor has moulded cross window and 4- light mullioned and transomed window. Left return has C20 casements, concrete tiled roof to wing, rear of wing attached to C15 range (q.v.). Interior partly damaged by fire in 1958 which destroyed roof timbers of north west corner. Interior not accessible at time of survey (July 1986).

Listing NGR: ST8506253433


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Sep 2004
Reference: IOE01/11809/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Graham Hill. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].