THE OLD TANNERY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1021910

Date first listed: 13-Nov-1962

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Jun-1988

Statutory Address: THE OLD TANNERY

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD TANNERY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1021910 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 16:53:26.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD TANNERY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Winsley

National Grid Reference: ST 80583 60687

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 86 SW WINSLEY TURLEIGH



4/312 The Old Tannery (formerly listed as Drying House) 13.11.62

GV II

Former tannery, late C18 or early C19, converted to house 1957 and extended, squared rubble stone with stone slate roof and coped gables. Built into hillside, three storeys and attic to east gable end. East end has segmental arched ground floor opening, rectangular first floor opening, segmental arched second floor opening with added balcony on consoles and segmental arched narrower attic window. All openings with 1957 metal glazing. South side has two segmental arched ground floor openings, two first floor casements and a row of four upper windows in two pairs, possibly originally louvred. North side has ashlar stack. West end has 1957 addition, not of special interest. Part of the extensive tannery associated with Turleigh House and Turleigh Mill (qq.v).

Listing NGR: ST8058360687

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 314760

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing