This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

146, WINSLEY VILLAGE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: 146, WINSLEY VILLAGE

List entry Number: 1021920

Location

146, WINSLEY VILLAGE

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wiltshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Winsley

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 14-Jun-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 314781

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 76 SE WINSLEY WINSLEY VILLAGE



3/333 No 146



GV II

House, mid C18 and early C19, squared rubble stone, the earlier part to left, with Bridgwater tiles and ridge stack, the taller later section, to right, with roof, coped gables and end stacks. Left section has raised band and cyma-moulded flush mullion windows, 3-light each floor to right, then blocked door with blank shield plaque over, then single light each floor, then single light to ground floor and, to right, a large 3-light each floor. Early C19 range has raised band, moulded cornice and parapet, door to left in arched surround with imposts and consoles under stone hood. Plain fanlight, double panelled doors. To right, a 12-pane sash each floor. Door details are similar to Bleak House (q.v.) dated 1824. House is recorded in mid C18 occupied by Wiltshire family, marked as two houses owned by J. Smallcombe on 1841 Tithe map.

Listing NGR: ST7986260935

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 79862 60935

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1021920 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Jun-2018 at 04:41:20.

End of official listing