CORSHAM BAPTIST CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1022108

Date first listed: 01-Aug-1986

Statutory Address: CORSHAM BAPTIST CHURCH, PRIORY STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CORSHAM BAPTIST CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1022108 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Nov-2018 at 11:36:48.

Location

Statutory Address: CORSHAM BAPTIST CHURCH, PRIORY STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Corsham

National Grid Reference: ST 87008 70673

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CORSHAM PRIORY STREET ST 8670-8770 (south side) 4 & 5/352 Corsham Baptist Church GV II

Baptist Chapel, 1828, small ashlar block and rubble stone with asbestos slate hipped roof. Two storey elevations, rectangular plan, 3-window range to front and side. Pointed windows in flush surrounds, glazing bar sashes. Front wall of small ashlar block with raised band over lower windows and raised eaves band. Projecting central enclosed porch dated 1922 with doorway matching original windows, double doors, intersecting tracery overlight. Datestone 'Ebenezer Chapel 1828'. Rubble stone side and rear walls, 2-storey north side to Prior Street, upper windows to south side with attached church hall, dated 1873, below. Two upper windows to west end. Interior: east end bow-fronted gallery with Gothic panels.

Listing NGR: ST8700870673

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 315380

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing