FEILDING MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST CYRIAC

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1022155

Date first listed: 07-Jan-1987

Statutory Address: FEILDING MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST CYRIAC, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of FEILDING MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST CYRIAC
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1022155 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 09-Dec-2018 at 23:36:45.

Location

Statutory Address: FEILDING MONUMENT IN CHURCHYARD EAST OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST CYRIAC, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Lacock

National Grid Reference: ST 91729 68571

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LACOCK CHURCH STREET ST 9168 (south side) 4/65 Feilding monument in churchyard east of chancel of Church of St Cyriac II

Sarcophagus, c1840, single Portland stone block in form of neo- classical sarcophagus. Finely detailed moulded base, Greek Doric frieze and dentil cornice under capstone scrolled at each end. Inscription to Rear Admiral Charles Feilding (1780-1837). Around is boldly scrolled cast-iron railing, apparently a later C19 replacement for plainer rails. Admiral Feilding was step-father of W.H. Fox-Talbot of Lacock Abbey.

Listing NGR: ST9172968571

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 315499

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing