This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

STORE HOUSE AND ANIMAL HOUSE TO THE SOUTH EAST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: STORE HOUSE AND ANIMAL HOUSE TO THE SOUTH EAST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE

List entry Number: 1022244

Location

STORE HOUSE AND ANIMAL HOUSE TO THE SOUTH EAST OF MANOR FARMHOUSE, CLOATELY ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wiltshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Hankerton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II*

Date first listed: 02-May-1977

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 315714

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 04/01/2013

ST 99 SE 1360-/3/92 2.5.77

HANKERTON CLOATLEY ROAD (north-side) Store-house and animal-house to the south-east of Manor Farmhouse

GV II*

Store-house and animal-house, built as cowhouse range. Datestone E/G/E 1706 set within stylised foliate design on pier. Coursed limestone rubble with square and circular dressed stone piers and stone slate roof with corrugated asbestos slates to the end bay on right (west). Rectangular plan comprising long 6-bay colonnaded range with central and left end division. Large moulded opening to west gable end. Interior has collar-truss roof with butt purlins. An important early dated example of this type, built for Giles Earle, son of Sir Thomas Earle, who bought the manor at this date. The cowhouse forms part of an exceptionally complete and early farmstead group. (WILTSHIRE FARM BUILDINGS 1500-1900, Wiltshire Buildings Record (ed. P.M. Slocombe), 1989, p63).



Listing NGR: ST9774690857

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 97746 90857

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1022244 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2017 at 01:40:21.

End of official listing