WEST SEVINGTON FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1022307

Date first listed: 29-Feb-1988

Statutory Address: WEST SEVINGTON FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WEST SEVINGTON FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1022307 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 09:29:30.

Location

Statutory Address: WEST SEVINGTON FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Grittleton

National Grid Reference: ST 86136 78214

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GRITTLETON WEST SEVINGTON ST 87 NE

7/60 West Sevington Farmhouse

GV II

Farmhouse, 1849 by James Thomson for Joseph Neeld of Grittleton. Squared rubble stone with stone slate eaves roof. Octagonal- shafted stacks to end-walls and two to ridge. Two-storey 6-window front in picturesque style with long-mullioned ground floor windows 2-light, except for 3-light at right, and unusual first floor square oriels each on 3 open brackets and with barge boarded gables breaking main eaves. Small pane casements to both floors. Raised plinth and moulded band. Second bay has large 2-storey projecting porch with hipped roof, first floor square oriel with roof hipped from eaves of main roof and ashlar ground floor with chamfered angles and depressed-arched entry. 1849 in roundel above. Depressed-arched door within. North east rear wing, former cheese- room and dairy with lean-to on west side and mullion windows. Rear of main range has mullion windows, string course and central triangular bay with stone slate roof. With West Foscote House (q.v.) and Lanhill Farmhouse, Chippenham Without C.P., one of the most elaborate of the Neeld estate farms.

Listing NGR: ST8613678214

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 315871

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing