MAUD HEATH'S CAUSEWAY (RAISED SECTION EACH SIDE OF KELLAWAY'S BRIDGE)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1022351

Date first listed: 20-Dec-1960

Statutory Address: MAUD HEATH'S CAUSEWAY (RAISED SECTION EACH SIDE OF KELLAWAY'S BRIDGE)

Map

Ordnance survey map of MAUD HEATH'S CAUSEWAY (RAISED SECTION EACH SIDE OF KELLAWAY'S BRIDGE)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1022351 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Dec-2018 at 17:24:32.

Location

Statutory Address: MAUD HEATH'S CAUSEWAY (RAISED SECTION EACH SIDE OF KELLAWAY'S BRIDGE)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Langley Burrell Without

National Grid Reference: ST 94743 75780

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LANGLEY BURRELL KELLAWAYS ST 97 NW WITHOUT

8/162 Maud Heath's Causeway (raised section each side of

20.12.60 Kellaway's Bridge)

II*

Pedestrian causeway, 1812, since reconstructed, of low brick segmental arches on short ashlar piers, rubble stone in brick parapet with raised piers carried up from ground level. Two sections divided by a 1961 bridge, that to west of 18 arches and curving, that to east of 46 arches and entirely rebuilt in facsimile in C20. Maud Heath gave land and property in 1474 for the construction and maintenance of a raised path from Wick Hill (Bremhill C.P.) to Chippenham and the upkeep is still the responsibility of the Trustees, one of the oldest charities in Britain.

Listing NGR: ST9474375780

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 315975

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing