THREE MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1022404

Date first listed: 29-Feb-1988

Statutory Address: THREE MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THREE MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1022404 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 20:02:40.

Location

Statutory Address: THREE MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Sutton Benger

National Grid Reference: ST 94730 78718

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SUTTON BENGER HIGH STREET ST 9478 (north side)

12/274 Three monuments in churchyard south of chancel of Church of All Saints

GV II

Three chest tombs, late C18 and early C19, ashlar. From north: a) Unidentified late C18 monument with raised oval plaque each side flanked by fluted strips to south and by plain strips to north. Baluster angles. Moulded base and cornice. b) Engles monument, early C19, with ornamented baluster angles, moulded base, ridge capstone and two plaques each side. Inscriptions to J. Engles Sr died 1830 and R. Engles died 1840. c) Hibbard monument, later C18 with two shield plaques each side, fielded centre and angle strips, moulded base and cornice with pulvinated frieze. Inscription to Elizabeth Hibbard died 1816.

Listing NGR: ST9473078718

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 316102

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing