Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1022445

Date first listed: 25-Nov-1987



Ordnance survey map of CURRICOMB FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1022445 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Jan-2019 at 01:18:28.



The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Bremhill

National Grid Reference: ST 95219 74589


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


BREMHILL TYTHERTON LUCAS ST 97 SE 8/84 Curricomb Farmhouse II Farmhouse, C17 possibly on earlier core, extended in early C19. Rubble stone, the extension ashlar-fronted, Bridgwater tiles, coped gables, south end stack and ridge stack at original north end. Two storeys and attic, formerly with dormers. Four-window original range and one-window addition to left. Original range has hollow- moulded recessed mullioned windows with hoodmoulds and relieving arches over ground floor windows. Three-light windows each side, two-light each floor to left of centre, lower window possibly an insertion as smaller than upper window and has no relieving arch. To right of centre, large projecting gabled porch bay with coped gable and unusual chequer of red brick and ashlar to front. Apex shield plaque, first floor 3-light with hoodmould and ground floor arched entry with moulded imposts, pendant keystone and deep hoodmould. Various graffito dates of c1660-1700, the clearest IS - 1699. Inner flush hollow-moulded doorcase with framed plank door. South end wall has original attic 2-light window and stepped buttress on south east angle. Similar buttress on rear wall and 3- window range of 3-light similar windows with hoodmoulds and ground floor relieving arches. Early C19 extension to north has 3-light beaded mullion window each floor and similar window to ground floor and attic of north end wall. Interior: chamfered beams with bar stops.

Listing NGR: ST9521974589


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 316208

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing