THE MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1022458

Date first listed: 20-Dec-1960

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1022458 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 01:02:27.

Location

Statutory Address: THE MANOR HOUSE, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Cherhill

National Grid Reference: SU 03822 70284

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CHERHILL THE STREET SU 07 SW (north side) 9/110 The Manor House 20.12.60 GV II House, C17 and C19, rubble stone with slate roof, coped gables, end stacks and ridge stack. Two storeys and attic. Three window range to left appears mid C19 with leaded mullion windows and hoodmoulds, three-light windows each side, 2-light to centre over door in ornate Gothic porch, with ogee timber arch and ashlar cusped narrow sidelights. Similar to porch at Hayle Farm, Quemerford, Calne Without C.P. Original range is to right with leaded hollow-moulded recessed mullion windows and hoodmoulds, one 4-light above, two 3- lights below. East end wall has first floor single lights and projecting chimney. Rear wing with taller roof, stone slated, and one-window range of 2-light recessed chamfered mullion windows to left, straight joint and, to right, eaves casement and ground level casement pair. Formerly known as Manor Farmhouse. The house is said to be the wing of a much larger building. The great Cherhill Tithe Barn, demolished 1956 was part of the farm and stood south of the church. J. Buckler drawing of church in 1806 shows large gable on Manor House. (J.H. Blackford, The Manor and Village of Cherhill, 1941 2, 188- 93)

Listing NGR: SU0382270284

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 316234

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing