This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

MATTHEWS AND HILL MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD SOUTH WEST OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: MATTHEWS AND HILL MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD SOUTH WEST OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST

List entry Number: 1022505

Location

MATTHEWS AND HILL MONUMENTS IN CHURCHYARD SOUTH WEST OF PORCH OF CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST, THE STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wiltshire

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Little Somerford

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 25-Nov-1987

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 316405

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LITTLE SOMERFORD THE STREET ST 98 SE (north side) 3/278 Matthews and Hill monuments in churchyard south west of porch of Church of St John the Baptist GV II Two chest tombs, late C18 and early C19, ashlar. From north: a) Matthews monument, late C18, with moulded base and capstone, baluster angles and finely lettered south inscription to William Matthews died 1790. b) Hill monument, earlier C19, with baluster angles, moulded capstone and ridged top, framed plaque each side. North inscription to Margaret Hill died 1826, south to Charles-Brown Hill died 1851.

Listing NGR: ST9672084362

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 96720 84362

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1022505 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2017 at 07:24:34.

End of official listing