THE VOLUNTEER INN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1022512
Date first listed:
25-Nov-1987
Statutory Address:
THE VOLUNTEER INN, SEAGRY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE VOLUNTEER INN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1022512 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 04:52:06.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE VOLUNTEER INN, SEAGRY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Great Somerford
National Grid Reference:
ST 96326 82634

Details

GREAT SOMERFORD SEAGRY ROAD ST 98 SE 3/206 The Volunteer Inn II Inn, early C19, squared rubble stone with slate roof, coped gables and end stacks. Two storeys and attic, three-window range of sashes in flush ashlar surrounds and centre door with hood on brackets. Sixteen-pane sashes each side, 12-pane to first floor centre. Flush quoins. North end has attic and first floor 16-pane sashes. Said to have existed in 1774, sold by John Parsloe 1839 to his brother H.H. Parsloe.

Listing NGR: ST9632682634

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
316332
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/04316/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Robert Slade. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].